Timmy Technology and Team Toolbox: A DIVERSITY Awareness Program from SET-BC
In January 2018, Timmy Technology was re-conceived as
Timmy Technology and Team Toolbox, a Diversity Awareness Programme from SET-BC.
The SET-BC Timmy Technology and Team Toolbox kit contains all the characters above plus a series of 5 lessons to support student awareness of diversity, individuality and a celebration of learning strengths and differences.
Each character is designed to support students in exploring the many and various tools that can support learning and help them to know about and choose those that work best for them.
The five lessons include book supports (PDF, Clicker Book, Powerpoint, hard copy with Braille) to anchor the lessons as well as suggestions for activities that support awareness of diversity and recognition of strengths.
The lessons are as follows and are detailed in an accompanying lesson planning guide with the Timmy Technology unit:
Lesson #1. Exploring Individuality and Diversity
- Students explore the concepts of same/different/diverse/individual through the lens of describing their own strengths and the strengths of their friends.
Lesson #2. Introducing Timmy Technology and Team Toolbox
- An interactive book introduces Timmy Technology and Team Toolbox who are also provided for the students to explore and try and to prompt a discussion of what learning supports work best for each of them.
Lesson #3. Diverse Ways to Do Things
- Students explore fact and fiction around disabilities and differences. “Can someone who can’t talk communicate?” “Can someone who can’t see read?”
Lesson #4. Communicating with Symbols
- A sample communication app is provided on the iPad as well as communication boards so students can experience communicating without speaking
Lesson #5: Can You Really See Me?
- A book written about the original creator of Timmy Technology who was a SET-BC supported student, Can You Really See Me? leads the students to tell a their own story.
For more information or to arrange for a 21 day loan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org